Monday, December 7, 2015

Perhaps again.

Perhaps the world has its own tune 
And our strings have yet to be played 
or our song yet to be found.

Perhaps in the midst of patience 
with all the texts 
the right words were lost. 

Perhaps while the ocean waves exhaled 
it carried your essence 
while I was sitting on my balcony.

Perhaps with all the souls wandering the streets 
ours crossed paths 
without us even knowing.

Under the lights 
where the universe is playing its game of tic tac toe 
it connected our lines.

I close my eyes and listen 
Listen to the symphony of your smile, laughter and cries
A symphony of you.

Perhaps the words that I have written 
have been sketching your picture 
since the beginning.

Perhaps destiny is making us the fool, 
making us see all the signs 
but still wants us to play another round. 

Because I have been waiting 
so that I could see you 
you in every form that is humanly possible 
and every form that makes you, you.

I have been waiting 
So that I can take you in my arms 
And let the worlds converge. 

Perhaps.. I waited too long 


                               - ARITRO.R.BANERJEE 

No comments:

Post a Comment